Friday, March 21, 2008

Tatarstan Wave QSLs

According to the recent public research conducted to various generations in the metropolitan Tokyo area, far less than a half people were able to give a right answer about the geographic location of Miyazaki. Miyazaki is one of the Japan’s 47 prefectures (like the States of the United States) located in the east coast of the Kyusyu - the south-western island of Japan. They have become popular as a result of electing the well-known comedian as the new governor. My wife and I laughed at this news and the fact that so many people had a hard time answering this easy question.

Now, I just received two QSL cards from the Tatarstan Wave. I asked my wife if she knew where Tatarstan was located. She honestly said that she had never heard of the name. If I were not a shortwave listener, I would have been the same. In fact, I had NEVER known the name of Tatarstan either until I had a chance to hear the Tatarstan Wave a few years ago. Both my wife and I still cannot tell the exact location of their country in the blank map.

Are you laughing at us? Well, you had better not. Guess if you were selected for the same public research in Tokyo about the geographic location of Tatarstan :-)

No comments: