Friday, March 21, 2008

Stop selling / buying QSL cards on the auctions!

I have just sold a couple of old radios and equipments on the Yahoo! Auctions. They were sleeping in a warehouse of my house for a long time, and I just wondered if it would be better for them to be used by other people rather than just sitting in deep of the darkness. I did not feel good about making too much money for them and therefore set up the start-price at only JPY100.- (=USD1.00). This way, the final price would be determined by a competition of bidders without my control. Thus, my old radio has gone to the final bidder at the price of JPY6,000.- (USD60.00).

We are allowed to sell whatever we want UNLESS they are any illegal or prohibited items. HOWEVER, I am not comfortable at all to see a lot of QSL cards actually being sold on the auctions now. This is just ridiculous. What is more unbelievable, uncomfortable, and unacceptable is that there are some silly people bidding for these QSLs with the name of someone else. What a shame! Tell me what that QSL card means.
I understand that the trade can always be completed as long as the seller and the buyer come to an agreement on the price. But, any QSL card issued to a specific person should NOT be used for a purpose of making money. I strongly wish they would realize how shameful they are to do such silly thing and withdraw all the QSL cards from the Internet auctions right away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Englishに自信がないのでJapaneseにします。
QSL(ベリカード)カードは、受信した人が
放送局に認めてもらった証明書なのに、
取得した人以外が持つのは無意味と思います。
ましてや売買目的でオークションに
かけるなんて遇の骨頂ですよ。