Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Radio St. Helena Day

I had a successful monitoring of Radio St. Helena this morning. Nothing was first heard on 11092.5kHz (USB) when I tuned in this frequency at 20:00 UTC - but from the past experience, I knew the reception condition would be getting better as the time goes by. My guess was just right and the whole situation changed all of the sudden at 21:15 UTC. Here in Saitama, Japan, the best condition had observed for approx. 45 minutes, from 21:15 through 22:00 UTC. I would say SINPO at the best point was 45343. According to the website of the station, their transmission was beamed to Japan from 20:00 through 21:00. Just like the past years, the result was that the later transmission was received much better (in compare with the earlier one beamed to Japan) even if Japan was out of their target. I wish the transmission to Japan would be set up for an hour from 21:30 UTC in the future if they ever make this special transmission in this time of the season. Considering the fact that the current sunrise here in Japan is at 6:17 JST (21:17 UTC), the broadcast starting at 20:00 UTC is a little too early. I plan to make the suggestion of this to the station in my reception report.

No comments: