Saturday, October 11, 2008

FRG-7700


I happened to see the used FRG-7700 of YAESU being sold on the Yahoo! Auctions several days ago. Remembered it when connecting with the Internet last night, and the time remaining was less than 10 minutes at that time. As the price was still under my budget (means the maximum acceptable price), I immediately put a tender in and waited for a completion of the Auction. I had no intention to be involved in a severe price competition - and had decided that I was willing to give it up if the price ever exceeded to my budget.
The end-time was extended for another 10 minutes as someone else made further bids in the last 5 minutes. This happened a couple of times.
The result was ... good to me :-)
This FRG-7700 was knocked down by me for a little less than JPY30,000. Not too bad as long as trusting all the statements the seller prepared. It is nice that the good condition of this old veteran will be joining in my shack shortly :-)

No comments: